in order to activate Webroot on a computer, simply download and run the installer file and enter your key code. To have download and installation instructions , see below
Webroot key code activation
- First of all , click on the link //www.webroot.com/safe
- And on this page the download file is already there and it will be downloaded automatically if you have a google chrome browser .
- If you are using internet explorer (blue E) then a it will show you a option to save in the bottom. You need to click on save.
- Now it will show you another option to run you just need to click on run.If you do not find the download file , then you just need to press ctrl+j at the same time in order to open your download.
- If you successfully run the download file then it will show you a box , where you can put your keycode.( Keycode is a 20 digit alphanumeric set which is on the back of your card)
- Press agree and install
- Finally Now your computer will prompt and you need to click on “yes”.
Webroot key code activation , Webroot Software licenses are transferrable to a new computer, as long as your subscription is still active.
Webroot key code activation (transfer)
To transfer your software, follow these steps:
- Locate your key code and write it down. The key code is a string of 20 alphanumeric characters. It is unique and holds the information in regards to your subscription.
- Your key code was sent to you in an email from Webroot (if you purchased the product online).
- or it is printed on a package insert or the CD sleeve (if you purchased the product from a store).
- Now If you currently have a Webroot SecureAnywhere installed on your computer, you can also view the key code from the main interface by opening Webroot and clicking My Account.
- If your license is for only one computer, or if your license is for multiple computers and you have installed it on the maximum number of systems.
- you must uninstall the software from your old computer before installing it on the new one (if your old computer is in a non-bootable state, you may skip this step).
To uninstall the Webroot software,
- go to the Windows Start menu,
- select All Programs (or Programs)
- , select the Webroot software,
- and select the Uninstall option.